Police FC penalized for breaching code of conduct
May 28, 2019
The disciplinary committee of Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) has taken some important decisions at a meeting today (Monday).
The disciplinary committee has taken these decisions after thoroughly observing and reviewing the match commissioner report on Bangladesh Championship League season finale match between Bangladesh Police Football Club and Soccer Club Feni and the reports published by different media outlets on the same match.
The committee also took the written statement of BCL champions Bangladesh Police FC over the unwanted incidents took place during the very match into consideration while taking the decisions.
The decisions have been taken based on BFF disciplinary code of conduct articles no 46, 53, 55 and 56.
The decisions taken by the disciplinary committee are –
- Police constable Shamim has been banned from all sorts of football activities for lifetime and he cannot enter into any football stadium across the country anymore.
- Bangladesh Police FC has been fined BDT 5,00,000 (five lakh taka). The club must pay this amount within 1 (one) month.
- Bangladesh Police FC player Md Amirul Islam (jersey no 10) and Md Tarek Aziz (Jersey no 44) have been suspended from next 2 (two) matches. Both the players have also been fined BDT 1,00,000 (one lakh) each. They must pay the amount within next 1 (one) month.
- Bangladesh Police FC player Ajmi Omar (jersey no 03) and Sarwar Hossain Jony (jersey no 06) have been suspended from next 9 (nine) matches. Both the players have also been fined BDT 1,00,000 (one lakh) each. They must pay the amount within 1 (one) month.
- Bangladesh Police FC physio Shantonu Mallik has been suspended for 9 (nine) matches. He has also been fined BDT 2,00,000 (two lakhs). He must pay the amount within 1 (one) month.